Monday, March 5, 2012

Blog Post Transferred From LumberJocks

Stanley Block Plane #9 1/4
origanlly posted about 9/5/11


Here is a Stanley Block Plane I just finished restoring i think it is a #9 1/4. blade marking say Stanley Rule & Level So Im thinking its some here between 80 to 100 years old and is now set up for another life time. If you have any questions or comments please comment.
P.S. i also have 2 Stanley bench planes im working on and a Stanley No. 192 that i should be posting in the next couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love restoring an old rusted out plane, and bringing it back into woodworking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well most of my tools are old restored hand tools. Just ordered a Veritas Router Plane & Fence Set, and Veritas Low Angle Smooth Plane. The Router Plane I'm using now is a shop made one and I'm not impressed with its performance(but it dose work). At the same time I purchased this plane I also got 2 others a #5 Stanley jack plane, and #4 Stanley smother. The jack restored nicely the smother on the other hand was coming out nicely but when almost done I was putting the frog back in it snapped as I was tightening it down.

    ReplyDelete